This project is read-only.

Are audit associations mandatory?

Sep 3, 2009 at 8:05 AM

I want to audit everything (about 15 tables), but I don't quite understand the audit associations. I know that this is for auditing "child relationships", I don't quite understand the requirements here. My understanding is that "this.Product.Audit();", will cause a Product record to be audited no matter what. Are the audit associations there, only to "reaudit" child related records every time the parents' record is audited?

Oct 12, 2009 at 3:49 PM

Child associations is something I want to address before a 1.0 release. I'm not sure if I have the right terminology in place there. The requirement came from a need that I had during development of DoddleAudit, I will try and come up with a more realistic example in upcoming documentation.

To answer your question, Auditing (Child) Associations is not mandatory. It is merely a way to refine the way that data is audited for you (allowing you the specify to DoddleAudit that these entities are related and should be audited together).

If you want to audit all 15 tables in your database that is no problem at all by calling this.[Table].Audit() on all 15 tables.

-Matt